Health and Safety Training
Other courses are also run at different times of the year and details will be posted when known of.
Training is available for All UNISON Worplace Health and Safety Representatives, as well as appointed Stewards.
Appointed Union Workplace Health and Safety Representatives are intitled to paid time for training and also to necessary time off work (with Pay) to perform their duties.
The Function of the Health and Safety representative
A Health and Safety Representative has the right to:
- potential hazards
- dangerous occurences
- complaints by any employee he/she represents (relating to health, safety or welfare at work)
- Make representations
- Regarding above investigations
- On general matters relating to health, safety or welfare at work
- Carry out inspections
- Represent union members in consultations at the workplace with inspectors of the HSE and of any other enforcing authority.
- Recieve information from inspectors
- Attend meetings of safety committees
- Inspections - Health and Safety representatives are entitled to inspect the workplace every three months.
- They need to give reasonable notice to the employer ( 4 weeks is a good guideline)
- More frequent inspections can be arranged with employer agreement.
If an incident/accident occurs the Health and Safety representative may carry out an inspection:
- When it is safe to do so
- But must not disturb or destroy any evidence
The purpose of the investigation is to identify measures to prevent a reoccurence. ( NOT to ASSIGN BLAME!)
Safety Representatives are legally entitled to inspect records of accidents that employers have to keep under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurences Regulations.
For more Information fill in the Contact form
UNISON MEMBER BENEFITS
Holiday and travel deals, insurance, car deals
INTERESTED IN BEING A WORKPLACE STEWARD?
YOUR Union Needs YOU!
All Training Provided.
Speak Up and Be heard!
For more Information please Contact the Branch Office on 0151 548 0148.
CONTACT US AT:
NEW OFFICE ADDRESS:
UNISON - Knowsley Branch
C/O KMBC, 1st Floor, Stretton Way, Huyton,
0151 548 0148
Or use our online
FACEBOOK PAGE - PLEASE CLICK IMAGE